Friday, April 15, 2011

Mean Stinks

In this magazine ad, I appreciated the photography, scanning and map work done to create this highly realistic rendition of a sharpie on a locker at school.  However, I also decided to do some investigation into this advertisement to see what the heck it means.  It is for Secret antiperspirant, and the company is doing this really interesting new identity and "cause."  It is addressing how girls can be so mean to each other and asking girls to stand up and make a point to stop the meanness and say nice things behind someone's back instead.  Hence the weird complement on this ad.  Check this cause out at their facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. I love your site! It's so inspiring!
    I've even started my own anti-bullying campaign. Check it out at
    http://cms.timetostandup.webnode.com

    ReplyDelete